16 October 2009

Recipe Addiction

As I was just laying on my bed next to my cutie, sleeping son, watching Food Network, it finally set in:  I have issues.  Recipe issues!  I love recipes.  Do you have any idea how many recipes I want to try??  There's not enough time in a day, in a month, in a year for me to find, organize and try all of the recipes I'd like to make!  Seriously, I feel like an addict or something!!  I sneak downstairs at night after everyone's alseep and look up recipes.  I see a tiny smidgen of a morsel of something or another when I'm out, and I can't stop thinking about it until I make it myself.  For heaven's sake, I had to make a recipe blog to put pressure on myself to acutally make more new recipes because I knew I'd drown in recipes if I didn't start trying them, and weeding out the misses. 

Why, you ask, did I see the light tonight?  Me seeing a dish featured on Food Network, then deciding that I need to make it that very week, is really no new thing here - it happens nearly daily.  But tonight, cuddling with my baby, I found myself so totally taken in by the segment on chicken and waffles, that I really started to believe for a while that this is something I needed to try.  Fried chicken wings on top of buttermilk waffles, topped with maple syrup and hot sauce.       

I'm sorry, what was that?  Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before it sinks in.

What will I do to curb the addiction?  Well, press on and make more new recipes, of course!  I can't spend all my time *searching* for recipes if I'm too busy making ones I've already found!  I think I'll skip the chicken and waffles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment