After my first few weeks of relaxing and eating in Indiana, I'm getting back into the swing of things a bit cooking-wise. I have been doing a little too much "fun" eating lately - "Oh, I haven't had a Tasty Freeze cheeseburger or shake in two years!" That sort of thing. Now I'm ready to focus on all of the great things in the garden!
My dad and I visited the local farmers market the day that it opened, but there wasn't much to see yet. The Bishop garden apparently has about a hundred yellow squash that will be ripe soon. Really. Any good squash recipes to pass on? My mom and dad have been keeping Audrey and Thomas happy as can be lately (me too!) with all of the ripe fruit from their house and farm. Blueberries, cherries, raspberries, black raspberries...DELICIOUS. Thomas eats them out of the bucket faster than we can pick them!
My mom and I have lots of new recipes on the agenda for the next few weeks. We were in Louisville last weekend, and were able to stop by Whole Foods. I haven't seen one since leaving Annapolis! I've missed you, good friend. I walked in with two items on my mental list (little Horizon milks and Amy's refried black beans), and ended up spending $145! It was a picnic food fest on the drive home.
The latest cover of Healthy Cooking features Hawaiian Beef Sliders, which look amazing. I feel obligated to try them and report to Nicole! I promise to put forth a little effort, and post new recipes soon. Until then, enjoy the yummy berry photos!
**Um, forget those berry photos. This computer won't let me download them...I'll have to figure that one out!**
No comments:
Post a Comment