All of the signs are pointing toward fall arriving: School has started, the temperatures are cooling down, and I'm in the mood to start baking again! Before I say goodbye to summer, I want to take a little look back at our tomatoes - by far my favorite produce from our garden. Of the different tomato plants, the one we most enjoyed produced smaller cherry-sized tomatoes. That plant was crazy! The kids and I would go out every couple of days with a bowl, and pick all of the red, ripe ones. As you can see, Thomas could never resist one or two green ones. Here's the result of one day's tomato check:
We also really enjoyed the yellow variety that arrived later in the summer. I thought that the plant just wasn't doing well, but by August it started giving us big, golden tomatoes weekly.
Although I'm still probably not going to be posting as much as before, I am going to try to squeeze in a recipe here and there when I find a keeper! I have a few granola bar recipes that I've shared with some of you that definitely need to be posted. Happy Fall - I hope that all of your kitchens will soon be cozy and spilling over with the smells of the season!
Gotta love it! I was in your blog this morning checking in to see if I've missed anything and here you are w a new post...today! I can't wait to see you!
ReplyDelete