10 July 2009

X Chocolate Chip Pie X



Sometimes I wonder what sort of people are rating recipes on Allrecipes. I can't be the only one who has tried a recipe with rave reviews, only to find it...well, blah. I just wasted an afternoon and a bunch of ingredients on a Chocolate Chip Pie with a homemade butter crust. I guess I was expecting something like chocolate chip cookie dough meets pecan pie or something...it was something alright.

The crust disaster was probably my fault - after all, there are only 4 ingredients! Pie crust seems to be all about technique, and I apparently don't have that technique down pat yet. It was chewy and tasted bland. The pie filling was just, I don't know, not good! Bottom line: I wouldn't recommend going this route for dessert tonight!



1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad...we all have things that turn out poorly. That's what makes it fun. I've served you and your sisters some very interesting meals, but you rarely complained.

    ReplyDelete