Nicky was nice enough to bring along a huge loaf of banana bread. (Thanks again!) I didn't actually try it until the next morning...YUM. I'm fairly certain that was the tastiest banana bread I've ever eaten, so I had to request the recipe. The cinnamon sugar topping really adds a delicious touch! She was kind enough to share the recipe, which she said came from her mother-in-law.
"Best" Banana Bread
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter or butter-flavored Crisco
2 eggs
1 c. bananas, mashed
1 c. bananas, mashed
1/3 c. sour cream (or yogurt)
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Topping:
1 to 2 Tbsp. white sugar
1 to 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Cream sugar, butter and eggs. Mix in mashed bananas and sour cream. Add flour, salt and baking soda (sifted). Grease and flour bottom of a bread pan. Pour batter into the pan, and sprinkle with topping mixture. Bake at 325 until golden brown (about 1 hour) and/or when you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. You may want to cover the bread with foil to prevent crust from becoming too brown. Enjoy!
Trying this today..sounds good on a cold Midwestern day!
ReplyDelete