16 November 2009

Requested: My Mom's Zucchini Bread

I've had a bunch of requests for this recipe in the past few weeks, and just typed it out for a neighbor - so I thought I'd post it here too!  If any of you have never had it, please try it...so moist and delicious.  I'm actually pondering fetching a loaf from the freezer right now!  I love to make big batches and freezing them.  Mother actually thinks that they taste better after having been frozen and then thawed.  Maybe I should taste test that theory.  Our neighbors were nice enough to let the kids trick-or-treat a few nights early this year due to our vacation, so to thank them, Audrey handed out mini-loaves of zucchini bread to everyone.  She was quite proud!

Zucchini Bread
4 c. unpeeled zucchini, shredded
3 c. all-purpose flour
2 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/4 c. canola oil
4 eggs
1 1/2 Tbsp. pure vanilla
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 c. chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 325. Grease bottoms only of two loaf pans (or multiple mini-loaf pans). Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, and beat on low speed for one minute, scraping bowl as you go. Pour into prepared pans, and bake for about one hour. Test with a toothpick. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.

1 comment: