Kitchen adventures shared with one hungry husband and two little cupcake helpers
24 November 2009
Cinnamon Apples...with Marshmallows!
About an hour ago, I was chatting with my sister, and mentioned that I was thinking of trying to make fried apples. She passed on a tip from one of her teachers, a "secret ingredient" from her mother-in-law that made her apples special: Marshmallows! Laura said that this teacher makes these apples for her kindergarteners after their orchard field trip - how fun! She wasn't sure about the amounts of ingredients, so I just kind of guessed, but they seemed to turn out well. I sliced two apples (a Golden Delicious and a Honeycrisp), sauteed them two tablespoons of butter, sprinkled that with maybe two tablespoons of sugar and a little cinnamon, then threw in four large marshmallows. Not sure if that's even close to the teacher's recipe, but they were delicious! Thanks, Laura!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds yummy!! I'll have to give that a try.
ReplyDeleteMrs. Newkirk also makes good applesauce with her secret ingredient. I can't figure out why I can't post at home! I only wish I could take the time to review the recipes at school! I was able to click in the box just fine here!
ReplyDelete