When my parents recently visited, my mom whipped up this delicious meal one evening: Grilled seasoned cod over fresh creamed spinach with a side of roasted sweet potatoes. She actually reminded me that the fish/spinach combo was one that she came up with while trying to replicate what I described as "the most amazing dish I've ever had" at a restaurant in San Diego. I had totally forgotten about that fish entree (must have been really amazing!), but she remembered, and tried to make it for me again (isn't she sweet?)
We tried a new recipe for Creamed Spinach from Tyler Florence, and that was topped with the grilled cod, which was very simply seasoned with a little Montreal Steak Seasoning. The roasted sweet potatoes were just an added bonus, and not actually part of the original San Diego meal. The last time that I visited home, one of my mom's friends said that she roasts diced sweet potatoes all the time - using only a bit of olive oil and a little sea salt. Seems so simple, and it is, but it's also incredibly delicious (salty and crunchy on the outside, soft and creamy in the middle). Overall a great meal...one that's already been repeated!
I'm glad you liked the meal. It's actually quite simple to prepare. Grilling the cod on the Green Egg was a flavor boost too.
ReplyDelete