This past weekend, I found myself on a quest to start trying some of the tons and tons of recipes that I've gathered over the past few years. I think this is about the 16th time I've set out on that particular mission! I keep thinking that it's a shame to have so many potential family favorites just sitting there year after year having never even been tried!
First to be checked off the list: Pecan Pie Muffins from the Kentucky State Fair. I remember a few years back looking at a list of the ribbon winners from that year's state fair, and printed quite a few ideas. (For those of you wondering why on earth I'm checking out the Kentucky State Fair, I grew up not far from it!) These muffins were SIMPLE to throw together, and something that I've really never seen before. They really did have the taste of a pecan pie - minus the amazing filling consistancy of a real pie! I think these would make a really interesting addition to any brunch. Definitely worth a try if you're a pecan lover.
**I tried regular-sized muffins and mini-muffins, and also tried each either with muffin paper liners and without. Hands down, the ones with the papers looked and tasted better! I probably preferred the larger muffins because they allowed room for that dense, chewy center, whereas the mini muffins were all "muffin-y"!!**
Pecan Pie Muffins
2 eggs
1 c. dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 c. pecans, chopped
Whisk eggs until foamy. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Spoon into muffin pan lined with muffin papers. Bake 20-25 minutes at 350.
I also made an Applesauce Bread from a recipe I had gotten at a playgroup in Annapolis. While the topping and inside were yummy, the crust got really hard and dark -- didn't really care for that. Thomas loved the soft inside bites, but I think I'll move onto a different recipe the next time around. Planning to try Carrot Raisin Bread tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment