Kitchen adventures shared with one hungry husband and two little cupcake helpers
04 March 2011
Cinnamon Coconut Tea Cake
I promised to post about the good along with the not-so-hot, right? I'll keep this brief! Last weekend when Robin visited, I decided to make one of my "I've had the recipe printed and ready to try for about two years" recipes - one for Cinnamon Coconut Tea Cake. Okay, in all fairness to the recipe, I guess it actually turned out fine. It baked nicely, and I definitely picked up the cinnamon and coconut in the taste. However, just as a personal preference, I like dense, moist, almost chewy pound cakes. I guess I should have picked up on the "tea cake" reference, and then maybe would have understood that it was going to be DRY and only really enjoyable dunked in a hot beverage! You live and learn.
PS- I would link to the recipe, but that blog seems to have been strangely taken over by pharmaceutical drug names inserted all over in her posts...very weird. That's the last thing a need taking over my blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment