24 April 2011

Pesto White Bean Dip

I literally made this dip 20 minutes ago, and loved it so much I had to immediately post!  No photo (it's really not all that exciting to look at), but big taste!  I recently tried a friend's pesto-white bean dip, and decided it would be the perfect way to get the kids to eat more fresh veggies...nevermind the fact that I will end up eating half of the bowl!  The recipe that I found at Farmgirl Fare includes romano cheese too.  Seems like this would be delicious warm or cold, on veggies or pita chips.  It was the perfect consistency straight out of the processor...I'm wondering if it will be too thick after refrigerating?  Considering the time it takes to throw this together and the fact that it uses beans instead of mayo or sour cream, I'm thrilled with the find!  Hope you enjoy it too.

Pesto White Bean Dip

15oz. can white beans, drained (I used Great Northern Beans)
1/2 cup pesto
1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese

Combine all ingredients in a food processor, and blend until smooth.  Done!
Serve with veggies, pita chips, toasted garlic bread - let me know if you come up with a great combo.  The original recipe suggested adding salt to taste, but I didn't find it necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment